An easy way to remember the rights of a Muslim:
- When you enter his/her house and s/he gives you salam return the greeting.
- At his house, he invites you for dinner: accept the invitation.
- During the dinner, he asks for your advice: give him sincere advice.
- While listening to the advice, he can’t stop sneezing: don’t stop saying yarhamkaallah (May Allah have mercy on you).
- The food was contaminated and he got sick: visit him.
- Unfortunately, he did not recover and died: attend his funeral.
Abu Hurairah (RAA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (P.B.U.H.) said, “A Muslim has six duties towards other Muslims: When you meet him, you should salute him; when he invites you, accept his invitation; when he asks for your advice, give it to him; when he sneezes and praises Allah, say May Allah have mercy on you; when he is ill, visit him; and when he dies follow his funeral.” Related by Muslim.