لَيْلَةُ الْقَدْرِ خَيْرٌ مِّنْ أَلْفِ شَهْرٍ
The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months.
- Allah SWT did not say that Night of Decree equals 1000 months; rather it is better than a 1,000 months. Hence the minimum reward is a 1,000 months worships and the maximum can be limitless.
- As-Shawkani RA says that 1,000 is used by Arabs for hyperbole and the meaning in this ayah is better than all time.
- I have been looking at the sunrise every single day and I am still searching. Here are some tips for the remaining nights:
- Pray Isha and Fajar in congregation. Prophet SAW said: “One who performs Isha prayer in congregation, is as if he has performed Salat for half of the night. And one who performs the Fajr prayer in congregation, is as if he has performed Salat the whole night.”[Muslim]
- Pray Taraweeh or Tahajjud or pray at home. Prophet SAW said, “Whoever prays the night prayer on the Night of Power for the sake of Allah, all his sins will be forgiven.” (Bukhari & Muslim) Kab Al-Ahbar said, “This night will wipe out sins completely.”
- Give charity every night for it will be multiplied for you. Prophet SAW said, “Allah, the Exalted, says, Spend, O son of Adam, you will also be spent upon.” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).
- Do adhkar. Prophet SAW said “Purity is half of faith. alhamdu-lillah [Praise be to Allah] fills the scales, and subhana-Allah [How far is Allah from every imperfection] and alhamdu-lillah [Praise be to Allah] fill that which is between heaven and earth. [Scales refers to the scales of good deeds.]
- Make duaa. Prophet SAW said: “Our Lord descends every night to the lowest heaven when one-third of the night remains and says: ‘Who will call upon Me, that I may answer Him? Who will ask of Me, that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness, that I may forgive him?’”(Bukhari and Muslim).
Prophet SAW said “This month has come upon you and in it is a night greater than one thousand months, whoever is denied it has been denied all good, and no one is denied its good except one who is a true loser.” (Ibn Mājah)