هُوَ الَّذِي جَعَلَ لَكُمُ الْأَرْضَ ذَلُولًا فَامْشُوا فِي مَنَاكِبِهَا وَكُلُوا مِن رِّزْقِهِ ۖ وَإِلَيْهِ النُّشُورُ
It is He who made the earth tame for you – so walk among its slopes and eat of His provision – and to Him is the resurrection(67:15).
- Why say walk and not run? When it comes to the next life, Allah SWT always says sprint, race, rush… Benefit: Make akhira your goal and not the dunay!
- What is a purpose for walking? To gain livelihood. Action: You cannot achieve this without effort.
- The Earth has many different paths for travelling. Likewise, our paths to provisions are numerous and diverse. Hence, one should never go into the prohibited for sustenance.
- Why say eat? Primary purpose on Earth is to worship, which requires energy (2:172).
- Why add from His provision? A reminder that our efforts are not sufficient. You can try as hard to get sustenance but if Allah has not written it, you will not get it. Implication: Need action and reliance on Allah.
- The expected sequence is resurrection and then the prepositional phrase. The order is reversed for exclusivity. Meaning: Only and exclusively to Him is the return.
- Both Nashar and Rajaa imply return. Why Nashara? The Earth is spread and on the Day of Judgement we will be spread into different groups. Additionally, to remind us of our end destination and that this world is temporary.