وإذا سألك عبادي عني فإني قريب أجيب دعوة الداع إذا دعان فليستجيبوا لي وليؤمنوا بي لعلهم يرشدون
And when My slaves ask you concerning Me, then I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me. So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.[2:186]
- This ayah is about making duaa to Allah. Duaa is a verbal noun which means to call out.
- The ayah begins with when and not if. The former implies it will happen and the later implies it may happen. Conclusion: If you are a slave of Allah, you will have this question and will look for the answer.
- One of the greatest honours a person can have is that they are a slave of Allah. Action: You can reach this high station by simply making duaa to Allah constantly.
- Allah SWT said my slaves and not Our slaves or the believers… Whenever Allah refers to Himself in the first person, it is either extreme mercy or extreme punishment.
- Whenever a question is posed it is followed with Qul– say. Here, the Qul has been omitted. Benefits: 1. Shows the closeness of Allah to those making duaa. 2. There can be no intermediary between us and Allah, when we make duaa.
- Inaa is used to remove doubt that a person may have that Allah may not hear their plea.
- Means close. Hence one should not raise their voice, and instead should whisper; this shows ones certainty that Allah hears all and responds to all.