إِنَّا أَعْطَيْنَاكَ الْكَوْثَرَفَصَلِّ لِرَبِّكَ وَانْحَرْإِنَّ شَانِئَكَ هُوَ الْأَبْتَرُ
Indeed, We have granted you, al-Kawthar. So pray to your Lord and sacrifice. Indeed, your enemy is the one cut off.
- Some scholars say that this Surah was revealed because Prophet SAW was sad, due to the death of his son. The Quresh further hurt him SAW by saying “his lineage is cut off.” So to console the Messenger SAW, Allah revealed this Surah.
- This Surah contains amazing guidance for how to react in times of difficultly, especially vis-a-vis a loss.
- Allah did not began by ayah 3 but by ayah 1.
- When going through calamity, first think of the blessings of Allah, and then compare them with the transient and minuscule loss.
- Afterwards, pray to Allah (whenever Prophet SAW faced a difficulty, he prayed two rakaaahs and made duaa), as this helps in coping with the hardship.
- Also, when blessed with a bounty, ones reactions should be to thank Allah by turning to Him in prayer (it is sunnah to do a prostation of thankfulness).
- Reflect: This surah contains advice on how to deal with personal insults, when engaged in dawah.