فَيَوْمَئِذٍ لَّا يُسْأَلُ عَن ذَنبِهِ إِنسٌ وَلَا جَانٌّ فَبِأَيِّ آلَاءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ يُعْرَفُ الْمُجْرِمُونَ بِسِيمَاهُمْ فَيُؤْخَذُ بِالنَّوَاصِي وَالْأَقْدَامِ
Then on that Day none will be asked about his sin among men or jinn. So which of the favors of your Lord would you deny? The criminals will be known by their marks, and they will be seized by the forelocks and the feet. [55:39-41]
- In one ayah Allah mentions that they will be fully questioned. However, this ayah is referring to the beginning of the Day of Judgement, when people will come out of their graves, and their fate visible on their faces.
- This ayah may also be referring to the biggest criminals, since they do not need to be questioned about their crimes. It could also be alluding to criminals being questioned about other criminals (most crimes are committed in groups).
- Visible sign of humiliation are: faces blackened, eyes blue, depression, and sadness,
- When animals are sacrified their feet are tied and they are held by their neck (video; warning: very graphic). These criminals lived like animals, so they will be treated as such.
- Ibn Abbas said, “He will be taken by his forehead and his feet, and be broken just as a stick is broken to be thrown into an oven.”